Google DNS is the best way to improve your Internet speed no matter what ISP you use and wherever you are from.
Google DNS is similar to that of OpenDNS and helps increase the loading speed of websites and video streaming.
It is very easy to use Google DNS servers and you can check out this page: http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/ in order to change the DNS setting on your computer and double your broadband speed.
You just need to change your DNS numbers to 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 from your computer using the following steps:
These steps can be used to update your DNS on Windows 7 using wired or wireless connection
1) Go to control panel
2) click – Network and Internet and then Network Sharing Center
3) Click on – Change Adapter Settings
4) Right click on – Local Area Connection (or Wireless connection if you use that) and then properties
5) Click the Networking tab
6) Choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (majority would choose this) or 6 and click on properties
7) Go to Advanced tab and then the DNS tab
8 ) Update it with 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
9) click on OK and then disable and re-enable Local Area Connection
10) That’s it!
If you use Mac OS, Linux then visit this page: http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html you can also test your connection and follow other steps to use Google DNS on your computer.
You will now see the difference every time you load up a website or probably try to stream a Youtube video for example. I have been using Google DNS for a long time now and am glad such a thing exists on the Internet because my broadband provider lags a lot.
Also learn how you can secure your Internet connection by using Google DNS @ http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/security.html
Do share your comments on Google DNS and share it with others on Facebook!