Mobile phones have become an integral part of everybody’s life throughout the world. And it comes in with no surprise that it has become the most used utility gadget ever. Mobile phones much like the Internet have taken the world by storm and for all the good reasons.
Now it’s up to the corporations, business sectors across all the verticals to ponder over this matter if they haven’t yet. With the help of mobile phones certain things can dramatically change for the customers and the businesses as well.
Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG), an award-winning loyalty program from Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. has come up with a concept called as SPG Keyless. The hospitality industry has witnessed a first of its kind innovation where you can get entry into your hotel room without a key. All you need is your dear mobile phone to get access to your hotel room.
This innovation has been rolled out to the Aloft Bengaluru Cessna business Park. SPG keyless has officially made its debut in India and this time it is in our very own beloved city, Bangalore.
SPG keyless is powered by the SPG app which helps the guest unlock their room with just a simple using their mobile phone.
Dilip Puri, Managing Director India and Regional Vice President South Asia said, “We are delighted to be the first Hotel company to launch Keyless Check-in in India. Aloft Bengaluru Cessna Business Park was the natural choice given the Aloft brand’s strong focus on forward-design and tech-savvy spaces and the fact that this hotel is located within the city’s hot high tech hub”.
Assa Abloy one of the largest lock makers in the world is behind the SPG keyless technology. Before the keyless innovation Starwood hotels had another convenient feature for its guests, an RFID equipped key card. This was in 2011, and it was brought into existence to make its guests check-in more easily and not go through the traditional check-in process.
In order to get into the technology groove of SPG keyless go to this link and download the mobile phone app for your iPhone or an Android device:
And this is how the SPG keyless system is going to work for the SPG guests:
- You need to download the SPG app for your phone and register it as well, and enable push notifications.
- Once you have made a keyless reservation you will be invited to opt in to the SPG keyless program 24 hours before your arrival.
- The guests will receive a push notification that they have checked in and the SPG app will update your room number and the Bluetooth key once your room is ready.
- With the help of SPG keyless you can completely bypass the front desk and enter your room directly.
- When you reach your room all you need to do is check out your smart phone and open the SPG app and wait for the door to unlock with the green light as the indicator.
We are glad that this hospitality giant has come of age before anyone else and is trying to make the check-in process easier than ever before. Technology is supposed to make life easier and less complicated and the SPG Keyless innovation is the way to go in the right direction.